Civic Center Eats and Civic Center Park Public Art Tour
Celebrate Denver’s past and present at Civic Center Park!
This tour covers a broad array of historical and contemporary public artworks in Denver, from the classic 20th century bronze sculptures of Alexander Proctor’s On the War Trail and Broncho Buster, to the zodiac sculptures of Ai Weiwei. From ‘Cowboys and Indians’ to a big red chair with a miniature horse, this tour displays the evolution of public art in and around Denver’s Civic Center. This tour is hosted by Public Art Docent Karen Ray.
We may stop by a food truck since it’s Civic Center Eats season, and since it’s the Denver Public Art program’s 30th anniversary, we’ll plan to photograph the collection with #DenverPublicArt30.
This tour meets at the Pioneer Monument Fountain on the northwest corner of Broadway and Colfax (featured above).
Help us celebrate Denver Public Art’s 30th anniversary by photographing our collection on your tour. Use the hashtag #DenverPublicArt30 to participate in our photo challenge.
You can always photograph any piece of the collection, but here are the upcoming monthly themes:
• May: Memorials and Statues, and Asian and Pacific American History and Heritage
• June: Summer Time Art (Picnics and Park Fun), and Find Art in Your Neighborhood
• July: Denver International Airport Collection, and Light or Kinetic Art
• August: Urban Arts Fund, and Indoor Art
• September: Latino and Hispanic History and Heritage
Get Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/civic-center-eats-and-civic-center-park-public-art-tour-tickets-45899214787?aff=es2